Welcome to IT Landmark!
2. What are Cookies?
- Cookies are small text files stored on your device when you visit a website. They contain information about your interactions with the website and help improve your user experience by remembering your preferences and login details. Cookies also collect data on website traffic and usage patterns to help us analyze and enhance our services.
- a. Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the basic functioning of our website. They enable you to access certain features and securely navigate our site.
- b. Analytical Cookies: These cookies allow us to gather information about how visitors use our website. We use this data to analyze trends, track user engagement, and enhance the overall user experience.
- c. Performance Cookies: Performance cookies help us improve our website’s performance and functionality. They provide insights into any errors that users may encounter while using our services.
- d. Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable us to remember your preferences, such as language and region settings, to provide you with a personalized experience.
- e. Advertising Cookies: We may use advertising cookies to display relevant advertisements to you based on your interests. These cookies help us serve ads tailored to your preferences and track the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
4. Third-Party Cookies:
- We may collaborate with third-party service providers who may also set cookies on our website. These third parties have their own privacy and cookie policies, and we do not have control over their cookies. However, we ensure that our partners adhere to data protection standards.
5. Your Cookie Choices:
- You have the option to accept or decline cookies when you visit our website. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser settings to reject cookies or notify you when a cookie is being sent. Please note that blocking cookies may impact certain features and functionality of our website.
6. Cookie Duration:
- Cookies have varying durations. Some are session-based and expire when you close your browser, while others may be persistent and remain on your device for a longer period. The cookie duration depends on its purpose and may be managed through your browser settings.
7. Data Security and Privacy:
GDPR Compliance and Data Protection Policy
- This GDPR compliance policy applies to all personal data processed by IT Landmark, whether collected from customers, employees, vendors, or any other individuals. It encompasses all stages of data processing, including collection, storage, processing, and sharing.
2. Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
- IT Landmark acts as the data controller for the personal data it processes. We have designated a Data Protection Officer (DPO) responsible for overseeing data protection and GDPR compliance. The DPO can be reached at email@example.com.
3. Principles of Data Protection
- We adhere to the following key principles of data protection as outlined in GDPR:
- a. Lawfulness, Fairness, and Transparency: We process personal data lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner, ensuring individuals are aware of how their data will be used.
- b. Purpose Limitation: Personal data is collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and will not be further processed in a manner incompatible with those purposes.
- c. Data Minimization: We only collect and process personal data that is necessary for the intended purposes.
- d. Accuracy: We ensure that personal data is accurate, and where necessary, kept up to date. Inaccurate data will be rectified or erased promptly.
- e. Storage Limitation: Personal data is kept in a form that allows identification for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
- f. Integrity and Confidentiality: We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access, loss, or damage.
- g. Accountability: We take responsibility for compliance with GDPR and have documented our data protection policies and practices.
4. Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
- We process personal data on the following lawful bases as defined by GDPR:
- a. Contractual Necessity: We process personal data to fulfill our contractual obligations with customers, employees, or other stakeholders.
- b. Consent: In cases where we rely on consent as the lawful basis, we will obtain explicit and informed consent from the data subject.
- c. Legitimate Interests: We may process personal data when it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, provided that such interests do not override the individual’s fundamental rights and freedoms.
5. Rights of Data Subjects
- We respect the rights of data subjects as granted by GDPR. These rights include:
- a. Right to Access: Individuals can request access to the personal data we hold about them.
- b. Right to Rectification: Individuals can request the correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data.>
- c. Right to Erasure: Individuals have the right to request the deletion of their personal data under certain circumstances.
- d. Right to Restriction of Processing: Individuals can request that we restrict the processing of their personal data in specific situations.
- e. Right to Data Portability: Individuals can request to receive their personal data in a commonly used and machine-readable format or have it transmitted to another controller.
- f. Right to Object: Individuals can object to the processing of their personal data based on legitimate interests or for direct marketing purposes.
6. Data Security
- IT Landmark implements appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of personal data. These measures include:
- a. Access Controls: Access to personal data is restricted to authorized personnel based on the principle of least privilege.
- b. Encryption: Personal data is encrypted during transmission and storage where applicable.
- c. Regular Audits: We conduct regular internal audits to assess and identify potential vulnerabilities in our data processing systems.
- d. Incident Response: In the event of a data breach or security incident, we have a well-defined incident response plan to address and mitigate the impact promptly.
7. Data Transfers
- If we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect the data, such as using standard contractual clauses or relying on the EU-US Privacy Shield (if applicable).
8. Data Retention
- We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws. Once the data is no longer needed, it will be securely deleted or anonymized.
9. Data Breach Notification
- In the event of a data breach that poses a risk to individuals’ rights and freedoms, we will notify the relevant supervisory authority and affected individuals without undue delay, as required by GDPR.
10. Third-Party Processors
- When engaging third-party processors to handle personal data on our behalf, we conduct due diligence to ensure they comply with GDPR requirements and have appropriate data protection measures in place.
11. Training and Awareness
- We provide regular training to our employees and personnel on data protection and GDPR compliance to ensure they are aware of their responsibilities and the importance of protecting personal data.
12. Continuous Improvement
- We continuously review and update our data protection policies and practices to align with the latest GDPR requirements and best practices.
- At IT Landmark, we are committed to maintaining the highest standards of data protection and privacy. Our GDPR compliance policy reflects our dedication to safeguarding personal data and ensuring the rights and freedoms of individuals are respected. For any inquiries or concerns related to data protection, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This policy serves as a general guideline and should be supplemented with specific information related to IT Landmark’ data processing activities and legal counsel’s advice to ensure full compliance with GDPR and other relevant data protection laws.